What Is Going Green About
What is going green about?
To put it in simple words, it means taking measures to ensure that our environment remains safe and healthy, and avoiding any activities which cause harm to the environment or which disturb the eco-balance of our natural surroundings.
And here’s what going green is about in practice:
- Use green products – this is the easiest way in which you can adopt green technology as a part of your daily lives. Be it green towels, soaps, detergents at home, or energy-efficient lightings and other electronic appliances at your office, going green products help you reduce your impact on the environment.
- Adopt practices and habits which help minimize environmental pollution.
- Make recycling a habit.
- Plant a tree.
- Use energy efficiency electronic appliances.
- Adopt green driving tips, and other going green tips for the home, office, on holiday and more.
- Help your friends, family and colleagues understand ‘What is going green’ and encourage them to adopt green technology.
- Do not discard of your trash indiscriminately. Some waste (eg. unwanted batteries) can be very hazardous to environment as well as human health if not disposed of properly.
- Do not waste electricity and water. Energy conservation is one of the best ways to join the go green brigade.
The Good News
- It’s never too late – even if you just got to know what is going green about, it is still not too late to start doing your part.
- Government support and encouragement – most governments are aggressively supporting the cause of green movement. They encourage the use of green products and environment friendly technology by offering tax rebates and sops.
- Corporate adoption – many big companies are starting to realize the importance of going green. Read more about the green businesses that are becoming role models for their counterparts all over the whole.
The Not So Good News
- Ignorance – it’s a pity that despite all the attention around the green movement, every one in five people around the world do not know what is going green about. Some people even consider it an adoption of products which are green in color. The only way to overcome this ignorance is to educate people on the importance of going green and to encourage them to adopt an environmentally friendly lifestyle.
The Bottom Line
With the ever rising catastrophic effects of global warming and climate change around us, the choice is ours – go green or suffer! Let’s make an honest attempt to go green and make this world a better place to live.
Read more about what does going green mean and how these efforts contribute to fighting climate change.
Return from this page on What Is Going Green About to page on Eco Green Living
Return from this page on What Is Going Green About to Eco Green Living and All Recycling Facts Homepage